Since my blog is titled “Sweet Obsession” I thought it would be fitting to start out with a few things I’m completely obsessed with. I thought about just doing food obsessions…but that’s extremely limiting given I have an abundance of obsessions at the moment.
1. Starting out with something sweet….out of the bajillion desserts I have pinned on my Pinterest, I always find myself making these. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made them or how many times people have asked me for the recipe…which is so sad because they are INCREDIBLY easy. And made with cake mix. Oops. I’ve found that It’s always the most simple desserts that get the most love and attention from my taste testers. Not the desserts that are insanely complicated or the the ones I put blood, sweat, tears, and elbow grease into….whatever. It could be that my taste testers are twenty year old college students….? I need more foodie friends.
2. Burt’s. Bees. Chapstick. If you know me personally, you know I hoard this item in large amounts. I always have one in my right pocket at any given time and I almost go into panic mode if I don’t have one. Really though, yesterday I discovered THREE WHOLE TUBES hiding
in my bag that swallows everything purse and I was so excited I had to share it with the twitter world. I dedicated a tweet to chapstick….so welcome to my life.
3. I’m sorry that I have to be this girl right now…but who’s not obsessed with Sean Lowe? He’s from Texas, a Christian, and a hunk. Although it gets so awkward on The Bachelor that he has his shirt off 99.5% of the time.
4. Jumping back to food: If I had to eat these sandwiches everyday for the rest of my life….I would probably be completely fine with it. I’ve made them a few times and I can’t find a person that DOESN’T like them. They’re that good. Even one of the world’s pickiest eaters liked them…VICTORY.
5. On that note, something I’m not obsessed with? Picky eaters. You should know this about me if we’re going to be friends. Since I was raised by such foodie parents who encouraged me to try everything, it is hard for me to grasp the fact that people limit themselves to corn dogs and french fries. LIVE LIFE, people.
6. This is a shameful obsession that I’ve tried to quit to no avail….Diet Pepsi. It’s my guilty pleasure and I love it. Sorry…(not really though).
7. Confession: I’m not much of a fashionista. One of my friends once told me “You can pull off anything if you have the confidence to match it”, so usually I just try to rock that attitude. But when I find a fashion fad that works for me….I cling to it. Right now it’s huge printed cardigans, tall riding boots, and infinity scarves.
(Also, those boots linked above are adorable for a pretty reasonable price. The first time I tried to purchase riding boots on my own I suffered from an insane case of sticker shock.)
8. Did I mention I love anything leopard print…? It goes with everything. EVERYTHING.
9. Getting a good deal. Bargain shopping. Sales. All of the above. Some would call me frugal…I call it “I’m a broke college student trying to be smart about my money”. One time I bought this swimsuit top for $9.00 from ebay. It shipped from Hong Kong. Sketchy….but no regrets.
10. Food blogs. Obviously….hence the starting of my own. I’m hoping it will somehow feed my obsession even more. I guess we’ll see!